Wednesday 13 July 2011

Connectivism & E-Learning

Well Here I am in my 2nd week of Uni.
I'm not feeling as overwhelmed this week but still really confused about a few of my subjects, namely E-Learning!
Week 1's task was to create this blog, which I'm going to be using to put up my reflections of our weekly tasks and it will also be used with one of my assessment tasks.
Last week we had to make our own wiki, read up on a learning theory of our choice and write a PMI about it.
I chose 'Connectivisim'. Which I find to be a really interesting learning theory.
Basically connectivism is the idea that learning can occur everywhere not just inside a classroom and since the technology and information of today are moving so rapidly the idea of 'know-where' (Knowing where to find information when needed) is much more highly regarded than the 'know-how' and the 'know- what'.
http://erinreneeswiki.wikispaces.com/
Here is a link to my own wiki space, where I have put up my PMI  about Connectivism.
I have also put in the link to the reading I chose to read for the learning theories. If you're interested in learning some more about connectivisim, check it out. http://www.elearnspace.org/Articles/connectivism.htm
Well stay tuned for more weekly reflections and e-learning excitement!!!

1 comment:

  1. Erin, your reflection about Connectivism doesn't sound too confused, I think you will be fine.

    ReplyDelete