Tuesday 19 July 2011

TPAK and Digital Knowledge

I feel I have come a long way in the last few weeks. Managing E-Learning was the subject I was most nervous about. My computer skills are fairly average and I had no idea what a wiki was and how to go about setting up a blog. Yet here I am with a wiki and a blog and I'm manoeuvring around the 2 fairly confidently.
Today's blog is all about my understanding of TPAK and Digital Knowledge.
TPAK for those of you who are unfamiliar with the term is : Technological, Pedagogical and Content Knowledge.This basically means that digital technologies are being recognised now for being an integral part of good learning, but it also acknowledges the importance of knowing the content and knowing how to teach it  so that your students can learn as well. This is what  e-learning is about. Teaching us how to use the technologies around us so that we can get a good handle on them and then use them in our teaching later on. This is the way the world is going, technology is the way of the future and there is so much information available at the click of a button. We need to know how to be able to sift through the 'useless' information to find the information we need, we also need to know how to teach our students to do this correctly otherwise it could be disaster. Digital Knowledge is the knowledge we find on the Internet or on other ICT's. My understanding of TPAK and digital knowledge are still growing. I'm a long way off being an expert. Each week I'm sure my understanding will grow and I'll gain more confidence with this subject. What I've learnt about these things in the last 2 weeks is huge and I know there's still a lot more to come, which I look forward to learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment